Steamed Bun with
Ingredient of Bun Skin:
Flour - 1000 g (Globe/Bakers' Choice 11)
High sugar dry yeast - 8 g
Baking powder - 8 g
Sugar - 180 g
Salt - 5 g
Water - 450 g
Shortening - 20 g
Ingredient of Bun Filling:
Ground Pork Meat - 1000 g
Lard - 429 g
Monosodium glutamate MSG - 20 g
Sugar - 54 g
Salt - 7 g
Broth mix - 18 g
Ground/Crushed Black Pepper - 11 g
Sticky rice flour - 54 g
Sesame oil - 36 g
Oyster Sauce - 18 g
Onion - 107 g (cut into cubes)
Shallot - 71 g (cut into small cubes)
Dehydrated yam bean - 357 g (cut into cubes)
Carrot - 107 g (Julienne peel)
Tree ear mushroom - 71 g (cut into small cubes)
Black forest mushroom - 107 g (cut into small cubes)
Step 1: Prepare steam bun skin
- Prepare tray and steamer.
- Weight ingredients for steamed bun skin separately.
- Dissolve yeast by a little bit water separately. The rest of water is used to dissolved sugar and salt before mixing.
- Add all ingredients into mixing bowl. Mix until the dough surface is little smooth.
- Rest the dough 10 min.
- Use sheeter sheet the dough few times. After that, roll in and divide.
- Scale the dough 75g for wrapping 45gram meat filling.
Step 2: prepare meat filling
- Weight ingredients for filling separately.
- Add all ingredients into mixing bowl, mix by hand til well corporate.
- Divide 45gr/ball. Wrap filling by stretch film.
- Prepare steamed bun skin.
Step 3: proofing and steaming
- Wrap filling by the dough and put on the paper.
- Proof at 35 degree C around 90 min.
- Steam at 100 degree C for 20 min.
- Take out, cool down and enjoy.